Biography & Autobiography Editing Service
It's your journey. We've just got your back.
If you're writing a biography or autobiography, you have unique editing needs. Your writing requires an emphasis placed on correct tense, careful pronoun use, and clear transitions to indicate chronology. You are, essentially, a historian, and you require an editor who understands how to present a history clearly.
You also want your style to reflect your personality. You want your audiences to find it interesting, engaging, and accessible. If this describes you, then our line editing service, which addresses elements of style, tone, and voice, is what you need. We also offer a copy editing service that focuses on grammar, punctuation, and typographical errors for those authors who don't require style and tone editing and who are ready for a final review of their manuscript before it goes to press.
We provide the following service offerings, depending upon how deep you want your editor to venture into your text and the types of changes you'd like us to make to your book. You can download a sample of first person biographical line editing here:
- Copy Editing Service ($5/pg.) - With a deadline of one week per 100 pages, our copy editing service returns an error-free, print-ready draft of your biography or autobiographical writing. We will follow any house style sheets that you provide to us.
- Line Editing Service ($8/pg.) - With rates also starting at a one week deadline (and express options available), our line editing service provides a focus on issues of tone, style, and voice that can impede the clarity of your narrative.
- Proofreading Service ($3/pg.) - Our proofreading service provides a final pass over manuscripts that only require a review for minor remaining errors in punctuation, word substitutions (e.g., homonym use), and spelling.
- Citation Formatting Service ($1.50/pg.) - With our citation style formatting service added to your order, we will correctly format your biographical manuscript's parenthetical, footnote, or endnote citations and external reference lists. We also isolate and label missing citation information, such as date and place of publication and page numbers that may still need to be provided.
- Typesetting Service ($1.50/pg.) - Our typesetting service ensures that the guidelines for the appearance of your book, as specified by your publisher in their house style, are met. With our typesetting service added to your order, we prepare your manuscript's pagination, preliminary pages, margins, labels, and headings for publication.
If you're unsure which of these levels of editing you most need for your book, you may wish to contact us and we can find the service that's right for you. Of course, if you'd like us go get started with a chapter or section of your work, you can rest assured that the story you want to tell is in good hands, and you can select your preferred service on our order page to have us get started today.